Designed for intelligibilty not fidelity.

Vintage Outdoor Horn Speaker15W Altec University Sound Model MLC-T | eBay
how bad can something sound? Well I'm going to find out. I'm thinking of using them with my security system. or the back deck of a shrimp boat. or maybe an ice-cream truck or,,,,,,
Sonic Barbarian

Designed for intelligibilty not fidelity.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Here's a pair of the University branded version in York PA for 25.
Says they're HIGH FIDELITY right in the ad, gotta be true.
University Sound MLCT Speaker Set. - $25 (York) | Electronics For Sale | York, PA | Shoppok
I think you can also find these Electro-voice branded as well.
EV used re-entrant mids in their bigger vintage systems. Gives vocals that wonderful "cupped hands" sound, you know, it sounds like all the vocals and critical mids are coming out of a piece of 8 inch stovepipe about 10 feet long. Paul Klipsch captured this effect with his heritage loudspeaker models perfectly. IMO, LaScala demonstrates this effect in spades.
Last edited by bowtie427ss; July 16th, 2020 at 06:34 AM.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

They may make nice waste baskets.
I'm still thinking about using one for my security system. I can hook them up as speaker/microphones
Sonic Barbarian
you can always put a high pass filter on them above where they really start to honk and run a sub of some sort, bucket sub comes to mind.![]()
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

i took them apart to see what was in them.
a 6" speaker and a little compression driver. the compression drivers work pretty good, and the speaker cones were covered with mud daubers. i'm going to see if i can find a couple 6" Sylvania speakers to replace them. I'm not sure what the old ones were. but i like the Sylvanias.
Sonic Barbarian
Bookmarks